Monday 31 March 2014

Liebster Award!










I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the amazing Alma @ Journey Through Fiction! I seriously cannot fathom how I could be nominated but thank you very much Alma!

The Rules;

  •   Make Sure you thank and link back the person who nominated you.
  •   List 11 facts about yourself
  •  Answer the 11 questions that were asked by whoever nominated you
  • Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
        Go to their blog and inform them that they have been nominated!

  11 Facts About Yours Truly 

  1.  I was born in Cairo, Egypt but moved to Scotland when I was 3 months old
  2. I am currently learning to play the piano
  3. I was in a house fire when I was 4 and since then developed a fear of fire.
  4. I have the need to correct people's grammer -- it's getting bad! I almost got detension for correcting a teacher!
  5. My favourite colours are black, red and blue
  6. I hate the colour yellow.
  7. I love watching comedies :) my favourites are probably anything Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Laurel & Hardy or Charlie Chaplin.
  8. I take part in a lot of sports like netball, rugby and cross country!
  9. I love Friends!
  10. I spend more time reading than doing anything else.
  11. I love travelling! 





The 11 Questions That Were Asked

Q. Who are your favoruite authors?
A.  J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, Marissa Meyer etc

Q. If you could pick one character from a book to meet in real life, who would you pick?
 A. That's quite tough but probably Percy Jackson because he is too awesome not to.

Q. What book(s) have made you cry?
A. I am not ashamed to say that I do cry over books and when I do, it's usually hard to stop. I cried alot at The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Champion by Marie Lu.

Q. What was the last book that you didn't expect to like, but ended up loving?
A. Probably The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson because I was forced to read it, and I really don't like being forced to read books.

Q. What book(s) do you feel are overrated?
A. The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

Q. Who is your most embarassing celebrity crush?
A. I don't even think my answer count because a) he isn't a celebrity and b) I am not embarrased but it's got to be Dan Howell from danisnotonfire on Youtube.

Q. You just won an all expenses paid trip to anywhere on the planet - where do you go and why?
A. I'd go to Tokyo, Japan because it looks beautiful and I'm really interested by their culture!

Q. Do you have any pets?
A. No, sadly :(

Q. What music do you listen to and who are your favourite artists/bands?
A. I listen to all kinds of music but I don't really like rap. Some of my favourites are Adele, Ed Sheeran, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc.

Q. What is your guilty pleasure (not necassarily book/blogging related)?
A. When I'm bored I either re-organise my book shelves or look up fan art.

Q. Do you think you can survive a zombie apocalypse?
A. To be honest, I think I would with my traits but I might just be modest :P



           My 11 Questions for My Nominees!

  1.  If you could switch lives with any book character, who would you pick?
  2. How do you usually get your books (ie - online, library etc)?
  3. What book made you really angry?
  4. If you could live in any fictional world, which one would you live in?
  5. What book would you like seen transfered to TV/Film?
  6. What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
  7. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what song would you pick?
  8. What are your favourite TV shows?
  9. What are your thoughts on the New Adult genre?
  10. What book/tv/movie character death did you not agree with?
  11. What is your favourite book cover?

My Nominees!



Christina @ Booksane
















4 comments:

  1. OMG! Thank you so much! I appreciate the nomination but I've already been nominated before! You ROCK! and thank you for following!
    New Follower via bloglovin and Google +
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination. I did a post a few weeks ago, check it out here. I love getting to know everyone a little better and wish I could answer all your questions. Instead I will answer my favorite three.

    3.) A book that made me really angry was A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin because of all the cliffhangers, especially one case with a favorite character.

    5.) I would love to see The Lunar Chronicles be a movie.

    9.) I feel like New Adult is just a way to market smutty romance novels to a younger audience but I'm not really a big fan of the categorization of Young Adult either.

    Thanks again!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd also love to see The Lunar Chronicles translated into a movie or an anime series xD ahah

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating me..:)
    This is my post:
    Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete